Hard to believe, but it’s time to start planning for San Diego Comic-Con! We’ve got you covered in this week’s show. There are less than 6 months to go, which means deadlines are looming. Whether it’s open registration, hotels, or anything else, we cover it all. Wondercon is only 2 months away! In this week’s The Con Guy Show, we discuss both WonderCon and San Diego Comic-Con, paying close attention to the deadlines that will be here before we know it. Enjoy the show! And we’ll see you in Anaheim and San Diego.
QUICK SUMMARY GUIDE FOR SAN DIEGO:
- Register for a comic-con Member ID NOW! This is essential. Once you’ve got your Member ID, you’ll receive emails alerting you to deadlines and registration dates.
- Returning registration (which last year was called pre-registration) and open registration will occur in early 2017. Probably February, but no guarantee. Last year open registration was on February 20. Returning registration was in late January — be watching for an email!
- First-time attendees, professionals, guests of professionals, trade professionals, exhibitors (and exhibitor-purchased attendee badges), volunteers, staff, complimentary passes, and press are not eligible to participate in Returning Registration.
- Hotels: The annual Hotel Sale (Hotelpocalypse!) will probably be in early April.
- Vendor and exhibitor applications being taken now.
QUICK SUMMARY GUIDE FOR WONDERCON ANAHEIM:
- Open registration badges are now on sale.
- Professional, trade and press badges will be offered later. All badges will be mailed domestically.
- Volunteer registration is now CLOSED for WonderCon. Sorry.
- Hotels are now on sale and GOING FAST at discounted rates: For example, it’s $116 for Red Lion on up to $199 for the Marriott (SOLD OUT!). The Hilton is the headquarters hotel.
- Masquerade entries are now open until March 17. Winners of the Masquerade win a free Wondercon 2017 badge.
For all your news, updates and opinions from the Comic Con universe, including your favorite films, TV shows and comics, follow The Con Guy!
— The Con Guy (@TheConGuyDotCom) January 21, 2017