Universal Studios sent shockwaves by recently announcing a brand-new mini theme park to be built in, of all places, Las Vegas! The permanent year-round horror experience will be built as part of the AREA15 entertainment district. Universal is also building a second mini theme park, planned for the North Texas town of Frisco, but this one will appeal to families with young children.
But let’s talk about the Sin City version. With both haunt fans and theme park fans alike salivating at the announcement, we figured we’d dig up as much info as we could on Universal’s latest gamble (get it? Gamble? Okay, dumb joke). So here’s everything we know RIGHT NOW about Universal Studio’s horror theme park, coming soon to Vegas, baby!
- It will be like the annual Halloween Horror Nights at the parks in Orlando and Hollywood…except all year round!
- The new park will be located at Las Vegas’ AREA15 entertainment district, an art & entertainment complex off the Las Vegas strip.
- It will use the beloved library of classic Universal Monsters, including Frankenstein, Dracula, The Mummy and the Wolf Man. (They’d better have the Creature from Black Lagoon!).
- But it won’t just rely on the old movies. The park will also feature experiences and stories developed in collaboration with such high-profile filmmakers as Jason Blum, James Wan, and Jordan Peele.
- Per Universal’s official release: “The space will also feature a continuously updated experience, must see seasonal events, and one-of-a-kind merchandise.”
- It will be the anchor tenant of a new 20-acre portion of Area15.
- The Area15 entertainment district features a number of high-end entertainment and immersive experiences, including Virtual Reality, flight simulators, immersive theaters, and the Vegas outpost of Los Angeles’ famous Lost Souls Distillery, which has been called “The Willy Wonka of Booze.” Check out the map of Area15 here below: