Godzilla is celebrating his 65th birthday this year at San Diego Comic-Con–and he doesn’t look a day over 60. That’s because Toho, the company that created and holds the rights to the giant atomic Kaiju creature, is coming to town for the first time ever!
That’s right, the biggest, baddest monster of them all is stomping his way into the biggest, baddest pop-culture convention of them all…. it’s a marriage made in Kaiju heaven.
The actual character of Godzilla has been to SDCC, though, brought by Legendary and their recent spate of films. Does anyone remember the Godzilla offsite from a few years ago? It was super-cool, where we entered an abandoned building and came face-to-face with the big beast as he ravaged the city.
- A fun green screen photo booth for unique social posts (#Godzilla65)
- A live mural painting by famed Godzilla artist Shinji Nishikawa
- The actual suit used in “Godzilla 2000”
- Props from films throughout the franchise’s history
- SDCC Exclusive Godzilla products
- Giveaways, photo opportunities and much more gargantuan fun!
- Booth #3535
Additionally, an exclusive 6.5-inch Godzilla vinyl figure from Bandai, based on the original 1954 Godzilla, will be availalbe at SDCC at the Toho/Bandai booth (#3535) for $30.
“This highly detailed 2019 Convention Exclusive Godzilla features accurate sculpting in a limited edition translucent flake vinyl with added paint treatments for enhanced realism. The exclusive package is a displayable window box with premium sleeve.”