This is it — if you haven’t yet secured a San Diego Comic-Con badge for 2018, this is the last chance you’ll have. On Saturday, December 9, starting right after 9 a.m. PST, all the rest of the badges will be handed out. Strategize, group up, and have your computers ready, because Open Registration for San Diego Comic-Con ain’t for the faint of heart.
In this week’s show, we discuss the registration process. You can watch here:
The organizers of Comic-Con have given us these TOP 6 TIPS for open registration:
- You can purchase badges for up to three people – yourself included – if you are randomly selected for a registration session. Each person must have their own Comic-Con Member ID and must be eligible to participate in Open Registration. You may not purchase badges for others using your own Member ID.
- In order to purchase a badge for another eligible attendee, you will need their last name and Member ID.
- You must enter the waiting room before 9:00 AM Pacific Standard Time (PST). To help restrict ineligible members from entering the Expo Logic waiting room, Comic-Con requires that you enter your personal registration code to access the waiting room. The link to the waiting room and your personal registration code will be sent to you via email at least 48 hours prior to Open Registration. It will also be available in your Member ID account under the “Registration Info” tab at least 48 hours prior.
- Only use one browser tab or instance when trying to purchase badges. Multiple tabs within the same browser can confuse the waiting room/badge sales process and cause your transaction to fail.
- Add email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org as an approved/authorized sender to your email account.
As long as you have not purchased or registered for the Preview Night (Wednesday, July 18) option, and your Comic-Con Member ID was created and confirmed prior to November 27, 2017 at 9:30 AM (PST), you are eligible to participate in Open Registration. To see if you are eligible, simply log in to your Comic-Con Member ID account and select the “Registration Info” tab. Although the waiting room opens for entry at 8:00 AM (PST), badges won’t go on sale until shortly after 9:00 AM (PST). There is no need to rush to the waiting room at 8:00 AM (PST)! When the badge sale begins, members will be selected for a registration session at random. So, save time, sleep in, and join us about 10 – 15 minutes prior to 9:00 AM (PST). It does not matter what time you enter the waiting room, your chances of being selected are the same. Organizers have also put together an easy-to-understand video help us all understand the process. You can watch it here: