Yup, we called it. Just like clockwork, as soon as Wondercon wrapped up and left town, the folks at Comic-Con International announced that the dreaded hotel sale would occur next Wednesday, April 4. And with just one tweet, nerds world-wide started to shudder…. maybe an exaggeration, but I’ve definitely got butterflies in my stomach. Here’s the tweet that started it all:
Comic-Con 2018 Hotel Reservations will open on Wednesday, April 4 at 9:00 AM Pacific time. There’s a lot of info on our hotel page, so click through to read everything—including the all-important fine print—to prepare for the sale. #SDCC2018 #SDCC https://t.co/d85G3811GH
— San Diego Comic-Con (@Comic_Con) March 27, 2018
Here are the major points to remember:
- Hotel Reservations Open Wednesday, April 4, 2018 — 9:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time (PDT)
- On Friday, March 30, 2018, an email will be sent from Comic-Con International to 2018 badge holders, which will include the link to the waiting room/hotel reservation request form.
- Beginning at 8:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time (PDT), you may access the waiting room via the link in your email.
- At 9:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time (PDT), everyone in the waiting room will be assigned a random place in line. Guests will then be moved from the waiting room to the request form based on this order.
- You will be given the option to select up to six (6) downtown hotels and six (6) non-downtown hotels, for a maximum request of 12 different hotels. Only one (1) hotel selection is required to submit the form.
- Confirmations of hotel placements will be sent out in two groups. The first will be sent on Monday, April 9, 2018, and the second on Monday, April 16, 2018. Those who cannot be placed will be notified no later than Monday, April 23, 2018, if their request cannot be accommodated.
- Once confirmations are sent, you will be required to provide a deposit equal to two (2) night’s room rate plus tax.
- For more information, go to the Comic-Con Hotel Sale page here.
- For a deeper diver into the hotel sale, including some do’s and don’ts, check out the SDCC Unofficial Blog.
On this week’s Con Guy Show, we discuss everything we know up to this point–16 weeks until San Diego Comic-Con–including hotel sales.
San Diego Comic-Con Unofficial Blog:
Back again this year is most attendees’ least favorite words: randomized waiting room. Yes, the hotel sale will utilize a randomized waiting room again this year – which means that speed is no longer a determining factor in getting a hotel.
Full article here >>>
Friends of Comic-Con Room Share:
If you’re looking to share a room and you need to find roommates, use this site. However, be very cautious and proceed at your own risk. Although, we fully trust this site. The Friends of Comic-Con have been helping people find Comic-Con room-shares for many years. But tread the rules first. Full forum here >>>